Saturday, January 29, 2011

Snow don't scare me and ma sista

It's been a long week... lots going on with work, coaching and teaching, but I managed to get in a few runs, and some P90X this week (def not being a good P90X-er and doing it everyday oops!) A little winter weather hit DC, and on Wednesday evening, Shannon and I trekked to Stoney's neighborhood bar to visit PK and company for some drinking fun. We had a good time, and ended up staying out wayyyy later than planned - 2 AM - good lordy! Luckily morning swim was cancelled due to the weather so I was able to sleep in.

I got to work from home on Thursday, and some of my favorites were in DC for the night - Mrs Stela & Mr Cris Moen, so we met up for happy hour, and for dinner. LOVE THEM!! Jenny, Ben, Amy and Bendt met up with us too and we had a good time out. I had to leave them early in order to get a good night's rest and NOT be hungover to teach my GW Triathlon Basics class, unlike the week before. :)

Waking up Friday not hungover was a good move :P I went teaching, came home, packed my bags and headed to PA. The trip was super easy - good time to leave bc it was super quick.  I got home around 4, and made plans to join my sister Natalie for a lovely run Saturday morning with her run club. We met up at 6:40 am (somehow I can get up early to run at home, but every morning I hit the snooze from my own comfy bed in DC... don't get it), and headed to Valley Forge Park to run 10 miles.

I love Nat's shadow in the photo. Ha but we had a good run, aside from the ice and snow. The landscape was very pretty with the snow covered hills and sun shining brightly. We made it through 10 miles of rolling hills, (nat even had a .5 second spill - right Nat?! :P), met some nice people... had good times. Didn't pay too much attention to pacing/time since it was hilly and icy. I needed those hills to get ready for Big Sur, so I was happy to join Nat for that run. Post-run we headed to Einstein Bagel for some re-fueling, and to also meet a new lil friend Nat has been working on. Hahaha :P.... ooo boy. Perhaps we'll have more on this at a later date... we shall see.

Next up for the weekend's festivities: Dinner with Mom, Dad, Nat Bill & kids, and then off to some japanese karaoke chaos for Aunt Laura's bday, and family bday bash tomorrow... it's good to be home.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! the .5 second spill had to be mentioned? Nice work, good training for the lil Sur.

    ReplyDelete