Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Food, Feasting and Fun Runs

oooo Boy.. it's been an interesting few days. I am writing this blog at 7:23 AM... that's right... I was up at 4:30 this morning to go for a Fun Run at 5 AM at Pacers. Go me!!!! It was actually really awesome and I'm going to try to get up to go every Wednesday. We'll see how long this lasts. But we got in a nice 5 mile run, I kept pace with a lovely new friend named Annie. My christmas gift was this damn garmin gps watch and it takes forever to load the GPS. By the time we started it wasn't loaded yet so I have no idea what my pace was. Annie had the same watch and the same thing happened with her... lame!!! So we felt like we were rock stars and going at a really awesome pace...but in reality we don't know fo sho. 

So here I am ... eating my protein shake of hemp powder, strawberries and almond milk.. delish!! look at me getting all healthy and protein-shake-y. cray cray!!! Today I must start to eat healthy because the past few days.... not so healthy.. let's back track. 

On Sunday morning back home in PA, I woke up and my breakfast consisted of two of mom's homemade oatmeal choco chip cookies. Delicious and a great way to start of the day.... mmm maybe. I then proceeded to BRING IT with Tony and do some P90X (yess!!) It was legs and back.... and my legs still hurt today (3 days later...). Tony is hysterical... the guy is nuts. But he keeps me entertained. Maybe that's why his dvds are so successful. Everyone needs a lil nuts in their life. :P After Tony I made an omelette, trying to stay healthy... and shoveled some snow with Colby ... working off those cookies hahaa. Later Sunday it was family birthday bash time, which equals overabundance of food and Kristen having no control. The fam  headed over to Mommom and Poppy's and we ate tons of apps, including cheese & crackers, onion dip and chips, pigs in a blanket, chips and salsa, and then ate the "main course" sandwiches, more pigs in a blanket, mac & cheese, potato salad.... yes I ate all of the above. And the best part was dessert!! Cake, and cookie dough ice cream from PSU - DELICIOUS!!! I heart food which is why I will never have a flat stomach. whatevssss. 

I headed back to DC late Sunday night, and hit the sack immediately. Monday morning wake up and I did some more Tony. Did my first stretch dvd. It was good... got my stretch on, but didn't feel like it really made up for my eating all weekend. Mid-way through the day, my pal Shudtz Shots and I decided to hit up H St Country Club for some NACHOS! 

 

Now I have been talking up these nachos since September to Geoff. The first time I had them these were to die for. Super cheesy, beans and peppers, steak and onions... really good. I was excited and Geoff was excited.... and then they ended up not being as great as they were the first time I had them. 

But that's ok. because the more important thing to note here is: we have a started a nacho judgement blog!! BOOOOYAHHHHH. The blog will take us all over DC in search of the perfect nacho platter. Once it's ready I'll be posting it on here so you can follow our journey and give feedback. Soon we will have our review of H St. G and I hope that in making this blog we will be invited to restaurants to eat nachos for free. It'll happen. I know it will :P

In order to satisfy our craving for food satisfaction (does that make sense?), it was time to introduce Geoff to DANGEROUSLY DELICIOUS. If you live in the DC area and have not been to DD... well, freakin go!!! It's an amazing pie place... savory and sweet options ... Let me take a step back for a moment and tell you about my DD fantasy. Every time I go to DD, I fantasize that my friendliness and fun attitude will make the pie handlers give me a free slice of pie or two. I told G this and he laughed at me.... but I'm serious. I like pie, and fantasize about food. Anywho, G & I decided that we would each get a slice, eat a few bites of each to share, and then take the rest home. We were full from those nachos. 

I think anyone who knows me already knows that this did not happen. We devoured our slices (baltimore bomb and apple crumb) as well as sampled some pecan pie (fantasy is happening!!). We hung out and talked to the hot pie guy and debated what to get G's sister. When it was pay time.... we were only charged for 2 of 4 slices (one for shannon!). MY FANTASY!!!! (Maybe I shouldn't put this on here so the pie guy doesn't get in trouble... sorry bud!!) I was pumped! My next fantasy is that they let me sample all the pie I want so I can make a decision on which pie is my favorite. Maybe I'll start a pie blog to coincide with the nacho blog! hmmmm... 

needless to say this was NOT a very healthy day. And Tuesday... well not much better. I got up to swim Yay! and ate some breakfast that was healthy, and headed into work. The problem at work is that people bring sweets in all the time, and me being me... I have no control over saying NO to bad food. Michelle always makes fun of me... she has little control too so together we don't feel as bad. So someone brought in coffee cake. Damn you!!! I think I went into the kitchen about 5 times to cut myself a lil slice of heaven. No control. Photo coming soon (phone is MIA). 

After work and coaching TNT swim practice, I came home and wanted ice cream badly. So I called Shan, picked her up (and dropped off the bmore bomb!!), and we headed out to mcdonald's where I got a reese's mcflurry and small fries.. REAL healthy!! Way to go Kristen!!! I have problems. 

And so here we are.... now 7:45 AM, post Pacers Fun run, post- eating 2 homemade scones from a fellow Fun Runner, and enjoying my protein shake. I promise today will be a good eating day(not including the 2 scones ha wow.. I am gross)... well I hope. Otherwise lots of Tony and running tomorrow. 

Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

  1. you might want to rename to the nacho blog or something?? great job getting up!! yaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha yeah i'm thinking i might make this more of "the poor eating habits and half-assed training of kristen" haha :P

    ReplyDelete