Friday, October 14, 2011

Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice...

My hair is fro-ing. I don't like it... go away rain!

This morning I had a most delightful awake tea with a pump of vanilla and a pump of pumpkin from the good ole 'bucks. It was quite delicious, and even the barista exclaimed "that sounds amazing!" It was a scrumptious little treat.

Ahhhh fall! I love the season and everything about it. I love pumpkin.... beer, cookies, pie, spice, flavored tea & hot chocolate. I love to bake pumpkin treats too! I think tonight I may make some pumpkin choco chip cookies or cookie bars. I love the changing of the weather (except not the rain today), and the cool breeze. I love wearing a hoodie and jean skirt with flops.

I haven't been apple picking in forever - but I'd trying to coordinate that for this year with my friends. Not sure if we'll get around to it, but it would be so much fun to pick some apples and make a damn good pie with that shiz! My pals and I need to go to the haunted houses or forests in the area. We went last year and I was so freakin scared it was hysterical. I think I left claw marks on JB's back from the numerous times I attached myself to his side whenever I got scared.

I love bonfires and smores! I love football season and taking over parking lot spaces with my friends to tailgate at games... last year  my friend's and I went to the redskins game and had party deck tickets. Though not a Skins fan, it was a blast. We all metro'ed over, and then decided to just take over space in the parking lot to tailgate. It was hilarious and we made friends with strangers walking by, and had a great time.



This weekend, the Skins play the Birds here in DC. Should make for an interesting game, as "The Dream Team" has not been playing up to the name, and the Skins are in first place in the division... come again!? Yeah I don't want to believe it either. Maybe I will rally the crew for some party deck tickets for the game hahaha. Or I'll just watch it with some fellow Birds phans and see what happens. Keep your fingers crossed for a Philly win!

Another thing I love about the fall is that the running weather is usually perfect! I have been able to get some nice long runs in over the past few weeks, and haven't been dying from the heat. This weekend, I need to get 20 miles for the Marine Corps Marathon in 2 weeks. Should be interesting. Tomorrow's weather will be sunny and windy, and should be in the 60s during the run. Now I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to running 20 miles, but I am looking forward to getting that done and over with! Then it's two weeks til race day. Why did I sign up to run two marathons in one year again??? Yeah I'm not sure either...

Maybe I'll just have another pumpkin choco chip cookie and everything will be ok.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment