Thursday, October 27, 2011

Gettin Krazy in the Kitchen

The other night I had a baking craving and went a little krazy in the kitchen. I follow a few food blogs, and kept getting delicious recipes in my inbox. My sister also emailed me a veggie enchilada lasagna recipe that has been on my mind for the past few weeks so I was in the mood to make it. Instead of going all out with the recipe my sister sent, I found one a bit more simple on one of my favorite new findings, How Sweet It is - an amazing food blog that taunts me daily with sweet treats and meals. Her easy enchilada lasagna was definitely easy like the recipe says. After making dinner, I had my sweet craving, as usual, and made (more) pumpkin chocolate chip cookie bars (this time my roommate's recipe), and oatmeal apple cranberry scones.  Everything was super tasty, and it was an opportunity for me and my roomies to bond in the kitchen :) Below I'll just start with the enchilada lasagna, and I'll update soon with the pumpkin bars (both recipes) and the scones.

After I got everything out on the counter and ready to go, I went to town in the kitchen. After chopping the veggies (I added in mushrooms, and didn't include the chicken since I didn't have any and was too lazy to buy or make), I put everything in a saucepan with the enchilada sauce and cheese:


mmm hmm it smelled so good! Once the veggies/cheese/enchilada sauce mix is ready to go, you layer tortillas (I used mission's corn & whole wheat artisan tortillas - they are delish, and made me feel healthy since they were wheat) with the mix in a pan until you're out of both, then layer with cheese and more enchilada sauce. Pop that bad boy in the oven for 25 minutes and you get a delicious little mexican style lasagna... veggie style so again.. it made me feel healthy (probably not so much with all the cheese I used ha!):

I didnt take a good photo right out of the oven unfortunately but as you can see my roommates and I ate a decent amount (well mainly I did!). I added sour cream on top of my portion (yep this plate was just for me! It was a small plate I promise!) - and it was SO GOOD!

Mmm Mmm good! I warmed up the leftovers for lunch the next day and it was still just as tasty. As I mentioned before, this recipe was super easy, and super delicious. I highly recommend it! I bet with chicken it would be even more tasty. Thanks How Sweet It is!

No comments:

Post a Comment