Wednesday, June 15, 2011

stupid butt.

my butt/glute/tendon attached to my femur/hip.. who the hell even knows anymore but it's been painful ever since my 2 hour bike ride on Sunday. I felt fine during the ride... and was even ok for most of Sunday but it's been bad since.

I did my strength exercises on Monday evening, and tried to go out for just a short run because it was so nice out. I could barely lift my leg - it was so painful and I felt like I was moving at a snails pace. UGH this does not fair well for my race next weekend. I've been trying to stay positive, and instead of running or biking this week, I'm just going to swim as many times as I can. We'll see how I feel on Friday morning and possibly try to get in a bike/run. Friday starts my crazy work weekend wtih the DC Tri. I'll be going nonstop til Sunday sometime, but I'm excited! Will be tiring, but always a good time. Then Philly Tri comes up next! I'm excited for this race, and hoping to do well. I have good vibes.. aside from my "stupid butt" I honestly do think it's my tendon and not my glute or hip.

Aside from training, shannon and i went to dangerously delicious for date night :) hahahaha so we could get 2 savory and 2 sweet pie slices for $20!! such a good deal! I also bought two pies to take into work for tomorrow. During event week - the office is crazy - tons of event people in and out, and food all over the place. I thought I'd be nice and bring in some delicious treats :) luckily I leave the office at around noon and won't be back til Monday so i won't get stuck eating all of it... or knowing me I'll finish it all off before I leave :P CB's text to me "don't everything before you to to work tomorrow!!!!!" people know me and my eating habits too well.

I HAVE been trying to eat much better during the week, and I have lost weight and started to tone up just a teeny bit but this makes me happy! I think the early morning swims and trying to take my life seriously again has been helping :P im going to try to keep this going.

if you have any recommendations for my tendon/glute issue please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment