First of all, I realized I never even gave my MCM Race Report. So here's a quick recap: It was crowded. It was fun. It was beautiful weather. I PR'ed but didn't get my goal time - I went 4:09 - I wanted to go under 4, but the first 10 miles were so crowded that I'll deal with it. Just means I have to do another one right? My sis and I did the race "together" - well we started off together but I get antsy easily and started weaving so we didn't finish the race together but it was still fun to start with her and be there to see her finish. Below is a pic of us pre-race. I made us fun shirts to wear that were bright pink so people couldn't miss us, and included our nicknames on them. It's always fun to run and have people cheer for you, even if you don't know who the heck they are. So I got a ton of Go Kimpy cheers which was great! :)
After MCM... well I did a whole lotta nothin for a lil while exercise wise. I did get to do some traveling though! I flew across the Atlantic and went to Barcelona with my friend PK and his friend Dave, and then PK and I headed to Paris. From Paris I headed to Copenhagen to visit my friend LG. It was about a 12-day trip and it was AWESOME! Too bad I didn't keep up with all my blogging then to tell you about my European adventures. A few highlights and photos:
Barcelona killed me the first night! We went to some club and get a lil crazy and wow I was hurtin the next day. Barcelona was beautiful - I loved the beach, and wish I went surfing while I was there. It was fun to go exploring there, and we saw where they held the '72 Olympics (I think!!) where Spitz won 7 gold medals in swimming. Holla! PK and I also took a cable car from one side of the city to the other which was neat (but scary!) (photo below). We stayed in an apartment bc the boys arrived there earlier and were there for a week. I came mid-week so it just made sense to stay in an apartment instead of a hostel or hotel. It was fun to have our own place.
Paris was amazing. I absolutely loved it. Pk set us up with a night bike ride tour throughout the city. We got to see all the sites at night, and they took us on a boat as well. It was a really neat way to see the city, and we had a blast. We stayed in a hostel and it was actually pretty cool. There was a bar in the hostel that stayed open pretty late so whenever we were done from our adventures in the downtown area we would head back to the hostel, meet a few fellow travelers and then head to bed. We saw the Mona Lisa! oooo ... the Effiel Tower (we walked up to the top too!), and all the sights of the city, and we also took a day trip to Versailles which was a great idea. I recommend that for anyone traveling to Paris. There we rented bikes and biked all over the gardens. It was beautiful I can't even imagine living in such a palace and having that lifestyle. I never paid attention in history (or at least I didn't absorb anything I learned) so walking through and re-learning everything or just reading up on everything about the land, the place, the people was really neat. I could definitely go back there. My goal was to go to Disneyland Paris, but time wasn't on my side and I couldn't make it work that last day.
this was on the boat!
versailles
Next up was off to see LG in Copenhagen. LG and I used to work together in Philly and I hadn't seen her in forever. She was living in CPH for work, and I arrived just in time for Thanksgiving so we had an American Thanksgiving in CPH. It was great to meet her coworkers and friends and explore the area. It was a fun place, although the weather was cold and wet. LG hosted Thanksgiving at her place so we did lots of cooking and baking while jamming to our love Justin Bieber :) Another day I got to go exploring and found The Little Mermaid statue - yipppeee! - and Tivoli, which is said to be what Disney based Disneyworld after. Obviously I was down with CPH!! I give mad props to LG for preparing the turkey with her girl Sara. Watching them kind of turned me off from wanting to eat it, but in the end it turned out so delicious that I couldn't turn it down.
I arrived back in the States and had to get back into the swing of things in the US. It was hard after such a fun long trip. But I think I was ready to stop living out of a suitcase. :)
December holidays were a blast of course. Who doesn't love Christmas and celebrating the new year :) But mind you I still wasn't doing a whole lot of working out! Oh well.
The next couple big things that have happened...
1) I met the man of my dreams at a house party in DC and things are going strong since then. However he doesn't live in DC.. yeah sucks... but he's the best anyway and I'll deal with distance til we can be in the same area. Sorry to be lame and discuss via blog, but hey he's a game changer :)
2) I've become an ambassador for Gatorade and will be out and about at events in the DC Metro Area and will be posting pics about that.
3) The only race I've done so far this year (aside from a few 5ks) is Philly Tri. I did well in my age group - placed 5th - but was 4 min slower than last year.. boo! Was still happy with the race. My training is definitely not where it has been in past years nor where it should be. But I got through it and was happy. I have signed up for a sprint distance in Philly Aug 5 and not sure what else. We'll see what comes in the fall.
4) this is the year of the wedding!! I've already been to two friends' weddings (congrats cfox and er!) and have another 3 this year. i'm excited for them all but wow it's a busy summer!
5) I've got another niece! Congrats to my sis on her 3rd baby. Her kids are the cutest!!
Ok well I guess this is it for now... I'll get my act together and get better at blogging. I promise! Now that I've joined Pinterest I see a lot of recipes I want to do so I'm sure I'll be getting those up soon.
Have a great night!








No comments:
Post a Comment