Wow.... time is flying by. Only two weeks til the Big Sur Marathon - hot diggity!! I just got off the phone with my big sur running buddy Miranda and we are excited but nervous for the race. We ARE excited to drive up and down the coast stopping in some lovely cities to enjoy wine, see old friends and just get tan! (well the last part might just be something I'm excited for).
I'm feeling in a better mood today because I went biking with Keri and the LLS gang this morning and had no hip pain. I guess I'll be biking and swimming leading up to the race, with very little running. I'm hoping to give running a try later this week after some time off and keeping fingers crossed for no hip/glute/leg pain. We shall see!
Post bike ride, Keri and I hit up Buzz as I mentioned in my earlier blog and it was so delicious. I certainly love buzz in my life. I dropped off Keri at home and met up with Teresa for a nice lil beer in eastern market and a lovely walk with colby jack. It was such a beautiful day here in DC! Not a cloud was in the sky and the breeze was great. It put me in a great mood.
My sister Nat did her first triathlon this morning. I think I've got her hooked... well not maybe yet. But when she does the Philly Tri with me in June she'll be hooked :)
Now it's time to make a rough itinerary for the trip to CA. Any suggestions please let me know. I'm looking forward to seeing new sights and scenes of the CA coastline AND to experience napa and sonoma valley.
yay!
So impressed with all the posting!! :) Bummed that your hip is giving you so many problems. :( But so excited for you that you're headed to Cali soon!! Hang in there - you'll be great!
ReplyDelete