Wednesday, April 27, 2011

5 days away? shit!!!!

"Dear Kristen,
Marathon Sunday is now just five days away and we are finishing last minute preparations.  Marathon Village is being erected, we'll start setting up the Expo tomorrow, and on Friday, April 29th, we'll be ready to greet our 11,000 event participants.  It's been a trying month for everyone with all the changes resulting from March's road collapse, but we still plan on offering all of you a world-class, scenic and challenging course.  We thank you for your patience and support."



Well shit kids... the time is here for me to run my 2nd marathon. holllyyyyy hell.  at least i'm going to experience the beauuuutiful coast line in the pic above. I'm in the process of packing and since we aren't really sure what our plans are for our travels up and down the coast post race, I think I might be packing for 12 people! Gotta be sure to have options right?!?! 

At this point... I'm not really too worried about the race - I'm more just excited to be in CA. I am hoping I'll get through the race pain free. That's all I want ... to not have to walk the last 10 miles in pain because of my hip. I still remember my first marathon and hitting the last few miles while my sister ran with me. she was trying to talk me through the wall I'd hit and helping to take my mind off the pain. I just remember yelling at her "you need to shut the f*** up!" hahaha soo evil!! what is my deal?!? hopefully I dont pull that shit on Miranda or any stranger running near me. This should be interesting. 

Tonight Jeff drove me home and asked me what my race plan was. I kinda just laughed.."ummm" he's like "ohh wait, yeah i remember this... similar to your race plan for your first half iron race... NO PLAN!" haha yep that's right. sorry Jeff... I tend to just wing this shit. I know I know... this year I'm supposed to be serious. Well I tried, and got injured so now we're saving the seriousness and intense training for Philly Tri and whatever else I sign up for. 

this was me in the beginning stages of the disney marathon, when i was happy to take pictures with characters :) 

I haven't really been running over the past two weeks - I've gotten more swimming and biking in, and have been to the chiro twice a week and working on strengthening my glutes. So I'm aiming for a lovely lil race that I can take in the sights and scenes and then go lay on the beach, get tan and drink wine. 

As of now our plans take us to San Francisco to see Matty Kates, which will be a ridiculous adventure as usual. We then hope to head on up to Napa and/or Sonoma Valley to engorge in wine and delicious food... and then head back down the coast making a few stops at a variety of beach towns, possibly LA to see some friends, and land back in San Diego for a day or two before I hop back on the plane to come back to the east coast. I feel like the next 10 days are going to FLY by!! It hasn't even fully hit me yet that I am running this damn thing in a few days. 

It'll be awesome to hang with the bro and MC and just enjoy some CA sun. If I don't come back tan I will be upset. Weather looks like it'll be great.... I've gotten a few recommendations for wine country... Carmel is supposed to be beautiful... and it's just about that time that I need a break from work and life here so it'll be a good change up. I'm hoping the marathon will also push me to get back to my routine from January where I was taking working out seriously and on a roll with eating healthy and keeping up with my training. Ever since Shamrock I feel like I've been down hill. 

When I return on May 8... I plan on being GOOD with eating and getting all my workouts in. Gotta sign up for some more races for the year because the only thing coming up after this is Philly Tri  - I need something else to feed my apetite. 

anywho... adios amigos!! i'll try to do a pre race report on saturday before we head to bed. but keep your fingers crossed that all goes well ... and let's pretend my training the past two weeks is just a super taper to get me super prepared for a great race! wish me luck!! 

1 comment: