I know I'm a bit behind and still need to fill you all in on my vegas trip. Details to come soon.
Right now, I'm sitting near the window of my beach front hotel (DQ is next door!), mentally preparing for my half marathon in Virginia Beach tomorrow: the Shamrock Half Marathon! This race is a blast... and best of all it gets me excited for summertime. I'm here with my friend Amanda, Shannon was supposed to come down (we miss her!), and a bunch of other friends are down as well.
Amanda and I arrived Friday morning and the weather has been perfect! It was in the 70s and before I headed to the expo to work The Nation's Triathlon & DC Triathlon booth, we took some time to sit on the beach and get some Kohr Bros custard - so yum!
I worked the expo from 1pm-9pm, and got a new pair of shoes. The expo was fun! After the expo, Amanda and I went to get some DQ blizzards! boooyah!! I heart DQ and there are barely any around any more. I got a cookie dough and reese's pb cup blizzard (together, not 2 blizzards :P). We went to bed shortly after.
This morning I got up went for a quick run, stopped by the expo to make sure the booth was set up for Kait and Sim, came back and went right to the beach. Amanda and I laid out for about 2 1/2 hours. it was AMAZING. weather was phenomenal ... I am totally burnt now though. Oh well! We stopped by a sports bar, grabbed some food and a few beers and I headed back out to the beach for a little bit. REALLY Great preparation for my race tomorrow!! ha. Now we are sitting back on our couches, watching a Sex & The City marathon on E! and mentally preparing for our race.
Last year a big group of us came down and got a house on the beach. The race was a blast last year - I was happy with my time, and we all drank on the beach post-race. The race is sponsored by Yuengling and you got 4 beers with your bib post-race. It's so much fun! I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I'm not taking it too seriously, but still hoping for a good time. I got a few good runs in over the past few weeks and am ready to shamROCK out!
Details and race report in a few days. How do you prepare for your races?
Good luck tomorrow yo.. I prepare for my races by getting a huge DQ blizzard and then I drain my energy with the sun on the beach. YEESSSSSSS. Haha - prob do the opposite. Zero dairy - messes up my stomach and resting. This can be your new blizzard: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/03/18/chocolate-chip-cooke-dough-blizzard/
ReplyDeletethe beach looks gorgeous btw, very jealous! so glad you got to enjoy the nice weather yesterday at a beach. Lucky!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, girlie girl! BTW, there's a DQ in Blacksburg...even more reason for a visit. ;)
ReplyDelete