On Monday night, I had my 2nd Trapezing session. I went alone bc no one else could make it and I didn't cancel and reschedule in time so I have no pics for you... but I learned new tricks AND felt muuuch more confident than the first time I went with KGB.
This time I started off with the last thing I did the first time - everything but the catch at the end. I even started off right away with the flip to finish. It was crazy! I wasn't shaking crazily as I climbed the ladder or when I finished. YAY! ha :) The trick they taught me this week was called "heel something" ha sorry drawing a blank as I write. But instead of bringing my knees around the bar, I just put my heels on it, and bend my body in crazy ways and then exit OUT by pretty much turning into a superman. This part was hard for me to nail down, and every time I let go of the bar to fly out as superman, I would let out a lil yelp and freak out. hahaa the guy who was yelling directions at me was laughing at me every time. But I came out alive and survived and have something to work towards for the next time.
Keri and Amy are interested in trapezing and when KGB is back from her Tonga trip we'll go again. It's so much fun! My body has been hurting since though - lots of upper body strength. Good little change up from the running :)
This morning I had planned to go to the Pacers Fun Run, but slept right through 4:30 AM wake up, and instead arose at 7:30 AM ha. soo bad. I have been so tired lately and dread getting out of bed. I went for about an hour run down to the Tidal Basin, along all the cherry blossom trees, and back home. Wanted to get a run in before the rain. Worked out well... it started raining just a bit ago. Not looking forward to the walk home from work in this.
Tonight is trivia night with the girls at Stoney's - woo!! Tis all for now :)
Cherry blossoms!!!! Good timing... I suppose all this rain is in preparation for May flowers?! Also, enjoy using your urine detector!!!!
ReplyDelete