Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Wheels on the Bus go Round n Round....

MEGABUS = awesome! I'm sitting here on the megabus from DC to NYC so I can fly out of JFK in the morning to head to VEGAS! with the best of the best Miz Mo :P Pretty darn excited as this is my first time and she's a pro at all things vegas. Should be interesting. I hope to come out alive :P



Leading up to tonight, I've been doing pretty well with my training and am on somewhat of a mission to get some abs so my new friend has a little bit of competition (he's not aware of this yet haha) Let's be honest here, this probably will never happen (me having abs) but I'm going to give my best shot at being proactive towards abs for the next few weeks (I won't tell you that this morning at Buzz I had a scone and then a raspberry chocolate bomb - not so good for the abs!).  

I swam this morning with my team, while Noble coached since I knew I wouldn't have a chance to get in a workout today otherwise. It was an easy workout for me but it was good to just get in and do something. Wednesday morning I got up again for the Pacers Fun Run - it's hard to get up for that, but once I'm there I'm definitely happy to be there and getting my run donzo for the day. Yesterday we did about 6 miles.. and  we went a little slower than I would have liked but like I said, I was done for the day at 6 am.. .that was nice. My fellow fun run friends like to make baked goods for post-run... which is of course my down fall. They had some pecan bars and an apple bundt cake. Both were delicious and naturally I ate much more than I should have. 

I took Colby for a nice walk yesterday afternoon since it was warmer out and I knew I wasn't being a good mommy to him lately... been too busy! On Monday and Tuesday I did P90X core and plyometrics which both felt good and was a nice change up from running. Let me back track a bit. Last week, I did the core disc and my abs were sore for like 3 days, and then I repeated the core one again (gotta get those  abs!) so I was feeling pretty good. I got in a good run last Friday morning, and then ran again with my GW Tri Class doing some sprint stuff which killed me. 

Saturday morning I decided to run from Meridian Park up to Silver Spring (about 10 miles altogether) with a friend I know through work. He has been on the Team USA Duathlon team for a few years so he was obviously well out of my league and I thought his friend would be running with him and I'd just be trailing behind. Oh no... no not at all.... it was just me and him and I did my best to keep with him on this rolling hill run. 

I felt good keeping with him out to Silver Spring - we did 5 miles of rolling hills in 40 min - that's pretty freaking good for me... and thats pretty much when I hit my wall like WOAH! I DIED on the way back... rolling hills back. Ugh it was a killer work out that wore me out for the day. But it was super good to get the hills in and have someone push me like that. I was supposed to do 14 miles, but since I gave my all for the 10 I figured that was good enough. Later that day I met my friend up in Bmore for some nachos and berger cookies, and headed home to lay low and pass out early. 

Sunday was a gorgeous day so I got in a 6 mile run, and then spent the day outside with Shannon at Eastern Market farmers market and walking Colby. We got some mini donuts (add your own topping - we went a bit wild), and later proceeded to get some fro-zen-yo .... .mmmm good! super healthy! hahah yea abs :) 
 mini donuts were delish - we got some jimmies, powdered sugar, choco fudge, i think a lil lemon flavoring... 
everything they had!! 

Later that night I went with my bud Michelle to see Justin Bieber's 3-D movie NEVER SAY NEVER... and I'm not going to lie I thoroughly enjoyed that shiz!! I have been listening to the Biebs nonstop ever since, and his birthday was even this week! 17 years old - almost legal... hahaha. 

The Biebs in 3D

So all in all... been a good week.. busy but good. Got some good training in... been good eating-wise except for a few things here and there but c'mon that's the usual. My next post will include the pizza and trail mix I  made myself.. yum!!  

It's just less than TWO MONTHS TILL BIG SUR with Miranda!!  We are excited but it's coming quick!! Gotta really focus the next two months. OH and Nat (best pic of my nephew on her blog) and I decided to sign up for the Marine Corps Marathon in October... yes really I've signed up for two marathons in one year.. so not me! We'll see how this goes! :) 

We'll see how I can push myself to run and eat healthy while in Vegas. Can my all-night dance sessions count as my workouts?? I think so.....  See you on the flip side :P (sorry for the long post!)

3 comments:

  1. I like how every post has a picture of a baked good in it: ) Nicee! Whooaaa on the 8 min miles of hills? I probably wouldn't have been able to walk the next day and you ran 6 more miles? Nicee job. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy Vegas! Let me know how it is...I'm still dying to go :)

    ReplyDelete