Every Thursday morning, Gimmy and I head to Buzz post-swim practice and it makes my day. It's the only thing to help motivate me to get up at the a** crack of down to drive out to McLean to coach. And just because it's completely out of our way to come back to DC or the fact that I usually order about 4 things for myself, doesn't mean we're crazy for doing this or that I'm a fatty. HA well maybe it does. For any of you in the DC Metro area, I highly recommend you head on over to Old Town Alexandria and check out Buzz on Slaters.... quite possibly the best around! They even have gluten free stuff for Gim-Diz... she has had some high remarks for their blueberry muffins.
The other day at a work meeting, I ate 3 cookies. 'nuff said. They were delicious. I had two peanut butter and one double choco... they were soft and fresh. And then I felt sick the rest of the day.
Last night I got in a good swim at Wilson pool. I swam for an hour, taught a swim lesson, and swam for another hour. I went to Whole Foods after to get some pizza by the slice... and ended up dropping my pizza on the floor of the parking garage right as I was opening my car door. I still ate it... gross?? probably. Pizza still good? most definitely.
Sometimes while swimming I wonder why people who are in the fast lanes think it's ok for them to be in the fast lane, when they are getting passed about 5 times in one lap. When I swam on Saturday, there was a larger woman in the fast lane, who I no lie passed 4 times in one 50 meter lap for her. When I said something to her at the wall (in a kind way) about possibly moving into a different lane, she said "ooh am I not going fast enough" well ma'am you've just been passed by about 3 people while trying to get down the pool in one lap... so no you're not going fast enough and get the f*** out of this lane. Chris had total lane rage last night and I think I almost wet myself at how he handled the situation. Too funny.
Anyway... I heart buzz. That's all I got. Go check it out.

HAAA HAAAA HAAAA. Maybe this blog should be called I love sweets?
ReplyDeleteSo this morning when I read this I was going to post something along the lines of "how do you not weight 500 pounds" but I just finished a pint of haagen dasz rocky road ice cream in one sitting. send me some buzz and start playing lane domination in the pool. Whenever the slow poke tries to breath you just pass while making as many waves as possible. They will then choke, and hopefully get out of your way :)
ReplyDeleteHA. Miranda, I used to do that in practice but never could during free swim. I'm all intrigued - what was Chris's lane rage?
ReplyDelete